Lassen Volcanic National Park: Summit Lake

April 01, 2016

*I've come across many blogs and very few admit the troubles and faults that come with running a blog. For me, I haven't fully decided on a theme and layout other than sharing and documenting the travels I've been on. I also hesitate to include this post about Summit Lake because I didn't really explore the lake. I merely arrived, ate lunch, enjoyed the view for about an hour, then left (no lakeside walk). 

Summit Lake is a perfect mid-point between the Manzanita Lake Entrance Station and the Kohm Yah-mah-nee Visitor Center. I love lakes and had to stop here for lunch. I also wanted to check out the campgrounds here (one at the south end and one at the north end) in case Manzanita Lake was full (I made no advance reservations). Some have stated that Summit Lake is very popular during the summer so I guess it depends on your preference!

The whole area is very peaceful and relaxing. I loved sitting at a bench enjoying my lunch and found so much tranquility watching the water lap at the shores while the wind brushed through the trees as they swayed back and forth. The warmth of the sun felt great as I basked near the waters after enjoying my lunch.




Summit Lake
Start: Summit Lake Trailhead, Summit Lake North and South campgrounds
Duration: 1/2 hour
Difficulty: easy
Length: unknown - very short
Exposure: mostly shaded
Danger: some winds and pesky birds
Crowd factor: low

Happy travels!
Cat

You Might Also Like

0 comments