Simple Pizza

March 13, 2015

I love making simple lunches, either when I'm feeling lazy or have little on hand. This pizza came from Elie Krieger's cookbook: The Food You Crave. I received the book in the summer of 2008, and have slowly worked my way through it. Some recipes are good, some are so-so, and some are so delicious that I've made them more than once.

Here is the Tomato, Olive, and Parmesan Pizza!

tomato, olive, parmesan pizza

tomato, olive, parmesan pizza

Ingredients:
+ whole wheat tortillas (Trader Joe's)
+ 2 tomatoes (I actually forgot this one so I used marinara sauce from Trader Joe's)
+ 1/4 cup coarsely chopped olives (Trader Joe's) (I like black, use calamata if you like!)
+ 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (Trader Joe's)
+ 2 tbs basil leaves (Trader Joe's)
+ ground pepper for taste

1. Preheat the oven to 400F
2. Place the tortillas on a baking sheet
3. Spread the marinara sauce, olives, and basil on top. Either grate the cheese over the pizza or grate over a flat surface and sprinkle over the pizza.
4. Bake the pizza for 10 minutes
5. Take out, and add the basil, more Parmesan (optional) and pepper!

Enjoy!

Tip: The recipe suggests tearing the basil. I prefer plucking the basil off, rolling it up and cutting it to give the basil a clean and more presentable look

You Might Also Like

0 comments