Southwest Road Trip: Day 6: Canyonlands National Park - Mesa Arch

August 05, 2015

After visiting the Grand View Point Overlook, my friend said I could only visit one more spot before we made the journey to Arches because she was tired of looking at rocks and wanted to see pretty formations of rocks. So, I said, "Let's do Mesa Arch."

I raced her to the arch (and won!) and realized that this was the famous arch that I've seen in so many pictures on the net and on Instagram. Whoa! Too bad we didn't arrive around sunrise, which is when the sun peeks through the arch. Mesa Arch is still a grand view at any time of the day!



Mesa Arch Trail (out-and-back; take the circular route)
Start: parking lot
Duration: 1 hour
Difficulty: easy
Length: 2 miles (round-trip)
Exposure: full sun

Happy travels!
Cat

You Might Also Like

0 comments